The Fault in Our Stars - John Green All you people out there, a John Green fan or just someone in need of a tearjerker or an emotional yet motivating book? You should go get The Fault In Our Stars; its the perfect book for you. I did like the book just not as a lot of other people enjoyed it. I've always tended to shy away from tragic stories like this. And honestly the only reason I read it was because a bunch of my friends read it and they kept urging me to read it. So I did...

It wasn't as bad as I expected it to be, just kinda weird and different than all the other books I read. The characters were a big plus factor. Hazel felt real; she wasn't just some fictional cancer patient that eventually gets her happy ending. She was the teenage girl who wanted to live, to be normal, and had that angst every teen has. August was just perfect for Hazel. He made her smile, had witty dialogue, and you felt like he was a normal teen that wasn't sick. Isaac, August's blind best friend, was pretty cool and added a good dose of real friendship. Hazel totally needed August and Isaac as friends beause they understood her and grounded her and they made her feel normal to some extent. The plot was simple and as August and Hazel try to find a way to leave their mark on the world and tried to get their questions answered by Peter Van Houten, the author of An Imperial Affliction.

One of the main things I didn't like was that it got boring pretty easily and there really much to read for and I felt like it dragged on a bit. There was also Isaac's relationship with Monica in the beginning. It just annoyed me so much, i wanted to tell Monica, "If you were going to dump him the in first place or knew you wouldn't last, then why would you hurt Isaac like that. And to Isaac I just wanted to say, "Dude. She isn't worth it...". I know I'm being quite harsh but I don't know it just aggravated me for some reason.

Overall, I think this is a good book. Not the best but pretty decent. I totally recommend this book to John Green fans because it has the same sort of style and those in need of a poignant and tragic yet real and inspiring book. Those who are into paranormal and aren't that big fans of contemporaries or realistic fiction I wouldn't recommend you to read it..but who knows you might like it!