Shatter Me - Tahereh Mafi “Raindrops are my only reminder that clouds have a heartbeat. That I have one, too.”

One word. Beautiful. That's all you need to describe this book. The one word you need to motivate you to start this book. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this book!! Tahereh Mafi couldn't have done a better job writing Juliette's story! While, the dystopian genre has been thriving, Shatter Me was unique and special in its own way because of the writing. The wonderful, poetic writing that I can't give justice to describing it. The words just flew across the page and there was so much emotion hidden beneath the words and IT'S TOO MUCH FOR MY HEART TO BEAR!!!

Then there were the strike-throughs....this is the first and only book I've read that have use strike-throughs and I absolutely love it. For some books it just wouldn't work and would be super annoying but in Shatter Me they were Juliette's inner most thoughts and with the whole world and setting, it worked so so well!! Tahereh Mafi did a great job of illustrating the way Earth is and explains how everything came to be.

Juliette is such a different heroine than I've read. She's broken yet not. She's been through so much mentally and physically and not once did she complain. Hope? Of course, who wouldn't in her place, but never whine about her circumstance. She accepted her situation for what it is. The main battle she has against herself is who she is and Shatter Me deals with how people see her and how Juliette takes into account how others think about her into what she should think about herself.

Adam. Wonderful Adam that captured me with his eyes as well as Juliette's. They have this bond and connection that's so hard to break. Loyal and protective, Adam is such a great love interest and they were so adorable together!! There's so much between the two especially since Adam can touch her. Warner I love you so much. THE STRUGGLE with writing a review of book 1 after reading book 2 *le sigh* Warner is one the most despicable man I've ever met (this was how I saw things when I read this book 2 years ago). His want of power and his obsession with her was kind of unnerving and he annoyed me so much and I always had the urge to punch him whenever he spoke. But the thing is that he DOES understand Juliette to some level.

Shatter Me is a MUST READ and for ALL book lovers everywhere!!! Tahereh Mafi's writing will have you enraptured from beginning to end. Don't miss out on Juliette's story, you will DEVOUR it and be full of FEELS!!

“Hope is a pocket of possibility.
I'm holding it in my hand.”

**Check out more of my reviews on Books As You Know It**