Sometimes It Happens - Lauren Barnholdt Lauren Barnholdt does it again! This is one of the best YA Contemporary Romance book that I would recommend anyone to read. I for one did not want to read it, because I don't like reading books about being in love with your best friend's boyfriend which ends up leading to bullying or major rumors. But then my sister read it and ended up loving it , so I gave it a try because I loved Two-Way Street (my second Lauren Barnholdt book) and decided it would probably be a great book. I didn't have anything to lose after all. And right when I started reading, it already had me hooked.

Hannah's your average teen whose constantly worrying about whether Sebastian, her boyfriend, is going to break up with her, but has her best friend, Ava, always there for her. So when she goes to the the end of the year party and she sees Sebastian making out with another girl, she breaks. Depressed, she decides to spend her summer with ice cream, especially when Ava drops the bomb that she's going to Maine as camp counselor the next day. Ava asks Noah to look after Hannah, so when Noah makes Hannah work with him and Lacey at Cooleys, a small diner, Hannah takes up the offer. Although, Noah and Hannah weren't exactly friends more like acquaintances at school, they both hit it off perfectly. Lacey, now one of Hannah's best friend, is a very nervous person but an entertaining character. She was something new and the exact opposite of Ava. Which I was happy for, Lacey helped Hannah open up and was perfectly honest with her.

I was glad the author decided to switch each chapter from the first day of senior year to the summer. It helped understand how Hannah was feeling and explained why. The witty dialogue was a great part of the book. It's the perfect summer read, fresh, enjoyable, and emotional. I was definitely connected to the characters and able to feel their emotions. Hannah's and Noah's relationship would be best described as real. Something that was meant to be, even though it didn't happen at a great time. I love the way how the author made everything flow and kept the book at a fast pace not leaving anyone bored. You wouldn't want to miss out on this book.